These Retcons are good, actually

Remember when I said that Miss Cassandra was from a completely different timeline we have never seen before? I feel that way about most of MK11, we don't know these people. Not a single one. Little things led me to this realization. Like, I mean, this timeline's version of events had to be slightly different for Jade (and by extension Kitana) to not completely hate Kotal for not freeing Edenia. I mean, wasn't that their dream from the get-go? I know they didn't like Tanya and HATED Mileena, but they were in the right that time.

And all of Outworld just straight up ignored the Tarkatan genocide? Speaking of the Tarkatans, they were retconned at some point too. Originally, they were ~mixed~. They were half humaniod outworlders and Netherealm Demons. Now...Tarkata is a actual place and Baraka and his homies are people that live there. I don't know when exactly this was changed, but maybe that's why Mileena randomly got lips.MKX Kotal Khan...kind of an asshole. But I think the way things happened in MK11 was because things played out differently in their timeline. A lot was the same, because in conversations with other people, we know this Kotal was more than ready to be Shinok's bi*ch too.  Do better, Jade. This Kotal had some sort of relation with D'vorah. So, I'm going to just have a Jade and Sub Zero crack ship thank you very much. Bi-Han and Kuai Liang are descended from Edenians. I think that's super cool. I have a *theory* in the oven, and I will probably post them later.


Speaking of Jade, she's a princess now. Her father was a Prince. I think that's amazing.Let's put some respect on her damn name!  I know some people were made that the darker Edenian was in a subservient role to the lighter skinned Edenian (Kitana). Personally, I never saw it that way. I think Rain is black coded. It's possible that wikipedia and IMDB are on that bullshit, but I guess Rain was Black in the movie. I don't remember it like that. That's a pretty important scene to me because Kabal is my favorite MK human. But at the same it it's been quite a long while since I've seen Annihilation. So, wtf do I know? I'm just a dumbass on the internet. Also, maybe this is a mandala effect, maybe I was just a dumb kid, but I used to think that Jade and Tanya were sisters. So, the skin color thing wasn't that deep to me.

In fact, I think that MK12 might just be like, "If you were ever interested in the people from MKX, here ya go". And we will find out what really happened to Jade, and why the "woman" that appeared to her took the form of her mother...I think that was Delia personally. Delia is an Edenian soccerer that happens to be able to see into the future.
I would even have them go into detail about Erron Black's deal or whatever with Shang Tsung. Erron isn't exactly normal. I'm not exactly sure if that was retconned or not. It's all very confusing to me. But I also like keeping Erron's whole situation confusing because it adds to the ~mystique~! You know I have other ideas for MK12, that I honestly would prefer to witness, but I don't work there! I'm not gonna tell them how to run their house! If they ask, I mean, I will. But they won't. According to "the leaks" DLC chapters were planned, but they (WB) decided against it. Groovy.

Another Retcon I liked was Shao Khan adopting an orphaned Skarlet off the streets instead of being a "construct". I always felt like that Skalet's backstory took a little bit away from Mileena. And it also made me wonder why Skarlet looks the way she does, while Ermac (her "brother [?]") and Mileena didn't look "normal". I thik Shao Khan taking her under his wing when tbh he really didn't have to, gives her complete loyalty to Shao Khan more depth. Without this, Skarlet would just come across as a contrarian, which is annoying. It also kind of adds a little somethin' somethin' to Shao Khan since Kitana, Jade, and Skarlet are all orphans. If we ever got a backstory on Shao Khan, I would love to see The Khan's Home for Orphaned Girls. I think that would be a good chapter.
And I like that her and Erron were technically at the tournament, but not fighting. Well, they were probably fighting, but with each other instead of engaged in Mortal Kombat lol. It's believable to me that people came to just....watch. Especially since we know that Erron enjoys fighting so I imagine that he would like to watch people fight too.

Like listen, I really want to defend Kabal here. I want to say his retcon was good. But, even looking at it from a non fan perspective, I'm not with it. I don't like it, and I'm not okay with it. At first I was thought it was like that time I decided I didn't like Ashlee Simpson because she was dating Pete Wentz. But, most people don't like it. So it's a little deeper than my #thirst. Speaking of, I really think I found Kabal's face model and I was kind of right. He seems to be a person that just does his job and isn't after social media fame like some other face models. And this isn't shade or anything, I follow Scorpion and Sub Zero's face models. And I don't look down on ~insta famous~ people.
I've never felt too strongly about Sindel, but I do agree with everyone that thinks if she was gonna be evil all along, they should have kept her original look. That looks more evil and badass. This new Sindel is designed like someone's ageless shady grandmother. I liked her MKX look the best because it was a good mix of looking like someone's mama, but still being hot. I found that very relatable.
Listen, I love a good unhinged woman; but this is just bad. I also think that this Sindel and D'vorah are from two completely different timelines and that's why they both killed King Jerrod. Speaking of D'vorah, what is her deal? I thought she was the last of her species, but there's another Kytinn. In a mirror match, D'vorah refers to the other one as A'Vital. So why is D'vorah the way she is? I always found her life choices to be annoying, but understandable since she just wants her species to continue. So now, she's just evil for kicks. I love a god unhinged woman, but this is nonsense.

Comments