The Best Horror on Disney +

As we all know, Disney lives in my mind rent free (along with Bill Skarsgard). So today, I want to share the best spooky things on Disney Plus. I decided not to include Halloween Town or Hocus Pocus because I don’t want to insult anyone’s intelligence. 


  • The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

While The Legend of Sleepy Hollow is an obvious choice for me, The Wind and the Willows may seem weird....Unless you’ve been to Disneyland. Those memories of being sent to Hell is age appropriate spooky. I really enjoyed sharing that with my kids. I planned on taking them to Disneyland this year, but there’s a whole pandemic outside.  

I’ve talked about my love for Sleepy Hollow on here before. But what I really like about this adaptation is that it’s narrated by Bing Crosby. 


  • Don’t Look Under the Bed

Yo, this is still actually kind of scary. I think that this was my first experience with body horror now that I think about it. I really didn't think that random kiss at the end was necessary, but y'all do you!

Disney should have done more with Ty Hodges. I remember watching Even Stevens and wondering if Larry was "real" or actually Larry Houdini because they were both named Larry and had the same actor. Was Ren arguing with her imaginary friend? Is Even Stevens a Psychological thriller? 

No, probably not. Anyways, did y'all watch the Tax Collector lol? I liked it for what it was. A film by David Ayer. Just thinking about how Shia got that tattoo for real and we only see like like once. Like, it was a pretty big scene...But it didn't call for a real tattoo like what was the reason?????


  • Treehouse of Horror

Every Season of The Simpsons has a Treehouse of Horror, they used to be called Simpsons' Halloween Specials. My personal favorite is the one from the fifteenth season. Parodies include: The Santa Clause (my favorite Christmas movie), Frankenstein, and The Twilight Zone. However, I have very little emotional attachment to these as I was not allowed to watch The Simpsons. Like literally, the movie was the first time I really watched anything Simpsons related and everything I know about it prior to that was because of the general American cultural zeitgeist. 

 

  •  Phantom of the Megaplex

Let me tell you one thing about adaptations, if Mickey Rooney is in it..I will watch tf out of it. No matter how problematic. His role in this is relativity tame compared to other things he's acted in obviously. This is a really cool and original take on Phantom of the Opera. BTW, you can watch the real Phantom of the Opera on Peacock for free! 

 

 

Comments