The Anime I'm Watching...

If you didn't know, my family is immunocompromised. So, I am now actually locked in the house like y'all lied about.(yes, I will be angry about that situation forever). So now is a good of a time as ever to watch the things I always same I'm going to get to but like, never do. Here is myanimelist , I never update it and my man is my only friend. It's actually a good metaphor for my life now that I think about it.

001. Hellsing
It took everything inside me to not wax poetic about how much I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer in my last post because, well, I love vampires. Hellsing, the namesake of the show, is an organization the hunts down supernatural things. I'm trying not to look too much at what's going on because I want to be surprised. This series focuses on vampires, I'm told. Hellsing obviously took it's name from the archenemy of Dracula, Abraham Van Helsing. The extra L is tripping me up and I hope that's not a sign that I'll be taking an L with watching this. I doubt it, I tend to like everything that is vampire related. I don't like the Twilight books or movies, but I do like the movie soundtracks. And, I do love Robert Pattinson as an actor and hate that people judge him on these stupid movies because he has proved himself to be a good actor several times over.

002. Psycho Pass

Ok, Tre already tried to get me to watch this. At the time, I was in a bad mood, and it was loud AF for some reason. I'm going to give it another try. I am apprehensive about a world where your mental state decides if you could be a criminal or not. I feel like there has to be more to it, so we will see. It seems like a lot of people like this show. I'm excited to give it another chance.
I also feel like a young lady cop that discovers the law that is based on people's potential to be a criminal is the plot of Zootopia. But that's just me.




003. One Piece
Like, does anyone have the time? Honestly? The Time. One Piece has 924 episodes. And, my friends say that the first one hundred aren't good. I'm reclaiming my time and just watching the movies which are summaries of what happened. My son wants to cosplay as Monkey D. Luffy and I don't have the heart to tell him i have no idea what he's talking about, so I have no choice but to familiarize myself. My question is where Tre and Ken found The Time to watch 924 episodes. I don't know.
Anyway, this show and the movies are about pirates and a treasure hunt.


004. Vinland Saga
This is a historical based anime about Vikings. I'm a sl*t for history so I'm finally going to get around to this one. and uh, not to be rich on main, but this one is on Amazon Prime. I'm the most excited to watch it on there as *that* site is the main thing that stops me from watching anime. It's far too much work. I personally can't do that NINE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FOUR times.



005. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
This is another one that Tre tried to get me to watch, but I lost interest. I personally find the main character (Ikoma)  boring and unlikable. I'd prefer a show with a different character. Maybe Mumei, since she's just really cool. I don' wanna give out spoilers. Even though I HATE the main character I do remember and cherish that my man did watch Made in Abyss with me even though he does not like the main character. This anime takes place during an industrial revolution that has Zombies that are called Kabanes. They are turned into Kabanes by some type of virus. This one might be in bad taste given current events, but I was under the impression that the people do eventually get cured by the main character. I don't care for him, but the other characters do seem interesting. And, Ken asks about this show every once in a while because he wants to know what happens. He's really nervous about what is going on and I would rather him have good memories with his family instead of bad ones.

006. Future Diary
As I've said before, at least once on here; I love a good unhinged woman. This show has one named Yuno. She loves the main character to the point she's a lil "off". I guess the term is called yandere. I don't know much about that, so I'm not gonna speak on it.
Future Diary is about this dude named Yuki that agrees to be in a battle royale to see who gets to be the God of Time and Space. Everyone has a special diary that helps them along the way. So far, from what I've seen it's usually a cell phone. Yuki keeps a very detailed diary of his life and Yuno keeps a very detailed diary of Yuki. I'm on episode five right now!  I hate Yuki but it is what it is! Something that's cool to me about this is that in Japan the show is called Mirai Nikki. I just thought that was neat. I also thought it was interesting because I felt ~vindicated~ on a decade long microagression. I used to take Japanese and I was *told* that there was no Japanese version of my name. I've had some Japanese friends tell me recently that there are a lot of girls named Niki in Japan. Woo, y'all I am so glad I ended up focusing on being fluent in French. I do want to get this 日as a tattoo but I'm afraid of getting caught up and getting BBQ grill tattooed instead of what I intended.

Comments