Who Should Play She-Hulk? (Besides me, duh)

As you have all witnessed these past two years, I am now buff AF. I went from being high key chubby to squatting 100 pounds. I'm not the most in shape person, because I love hot cheetos and tacos. I'm never gonna like, have a six pack...However I do enjoy being big in a good way instead of being big in a eventually dangerous way.
I know it's not good to be vain, but the main reason I got my body together was because of cosplay. The first cosplay I did, I ended up not liking because I felt like my body didn't look like one that could do the things Misty Knight was doing.
At one point I said I wanted to look like the Good Sis Jennifer. And now, I'm closer than ever to that goal. I know everyone has different reasons for engaging in health/fitness. Maybe mine are silly, but what matters is finding your reason! Here are a few (with sources!):

We're going to be JACKED in 2020. There is going to be a series focused on She Hulk for Disney Plus. Since I can't sing, can't dance and don't know karate, I can't play She Hulk. Here are a few women who I think are perfect for the job. I think that race really shouldn't be a factor in choosing She-Hulk. My uncle's children aka my first cousins have light hair and 2/3 have light eyes. You wouldn't know they are like a fourth black or whatever it is. My kid's cousins are half Mexican and half Korean, but they "look" more Mexican than Korean. Genes are funny like that. Not to mention, Bruce and or Jennifer can always be adopted. It's not a big deal in 2020. But if we're really getting bold, Mark Ruffalo comes across as a little ambiguous to me. However, he is mostly Italian if wikipedia is correct. I don't care enough to search in depth, sorry!


Gina Torres
I mean, hello is this thing on????  She has already played a lawyer in Suits. Like every other biracial black girl with a toxic paternal family from southern California, I stan Sussex Royal. So, I gave this show a chance and it's really good. It is a cheesy soap opera type show at the end of the day, but I did like Gina Torres' character in Suits and the spin off was not bad. You guys are just mean.

If you haven't seen Suits, Gina Torres plays Jessica Pearson. It really bothered me that Jessica was often seen as straight up mean or "difficult", I'm so over that being the go to arc with powerful women.
Jessica Pearson and Jennifer Walters have some similarities, mostly they are both lawyers. I sporadically have read She-Hulk comics and Jennifer can be silly at times. That light heartedness is not seen in the episodes of Suits I have watched and I would like to see that from Gina Torres. She also has the fanbase with the geeks because she's been in Firefly, Angel, and Xena: Warrior Princess. You know what? What's Joss Whedon doing? Maybe he can direct a few episodes. Deep in my heart, I wanted her to play a live action Nubia, but I doubt DC is going to go in that direction at this point.

Kristen Chenowith
Canonically, Jennifer Walter's is 5'1 and 110 pounds. And I think a really petite woman hulking out would just be physically funny. I think Chenowith has the range to be strong, smart, and sassy, just like She-Hulk. I also like that Chenowith is very feminine. I think there is a stereotype where people think muscular women can't be soft and girly. That's why I would love to see an ultra femme She-Hulk. Also, as a theater person, it would be cool to see her being the green one. 

Eliza Dushku
Why mess with perfection? When I think of She Hulk talking I think of Eliza Dushku because she's voiced the cartoon version of She Hulk on the Spiderman and Hulk cartoon shows. And my kids are Spider-Man fanatics, so that's all I can think of. I grew up watching and rewatching Buffy countless times and I always liked Faith better than the other slayers (besides Buffy obv). She has already said she wants to be live action She Hulk and I think she deserves it!





Meghan Markle
I see a lot of myself in She-Hulk. I also see a lot of myself in Meghan Markle. I know that's probably like really narcissistic of me but whatever. I really admire the work she has put in for the environment, especially when it comes to elephants. Meghan (and her husband) are a part of Angels for Elephants, she is even narrating a documentary for Disney+ about elephant conservation. Since she is already "in" with the company, maybe this could work out. They could even have Jen be an environmental lawyer this time around.





Kelly Marie Tran
And you know what? Y'all can stay mad. I saw how everyone treated this poor lady when Star Wars came out. And she deserved better. But that's why I think she would be SUCH a good She-Hulk. Strength during adversity is the most important strength of all. I also think it would be a cool thing if Jen Walters was in Law School on top of everything else she has going on.
A younger She-Hulk would be so interesting. There are so many ways to be "strong" and it would be nice to see Jen be strong mentally in her everyday life and then be physically strong as She-Hulk. I really feel like there are multiple people that acted in Star Wars that deserve some kind of sorry for how there characters were treated. I love Star Wars. I do not love including people for diversity points, then under-utilizing them. What a waste of everyone's time tbh.

Comments