Five Characters I want to see in Mortal Kombat

01. Kira
Ok, left field choice I know. Storywise, I really feel like Kabal was supposed to marry Kira in his tower ending. My actual feelings are that Kabal would have used Kronika's hourglass to go back in time and have a normal life. However, I would like to see Kira. Everyone likes Harley Quinn, so I think people would like Kira in a movie. Ken can stay home, he was weird.
I want to see more women in Mortal Kombat outside of the Edenians and the Special Forces. I think all the love for Skarlet in the most recent game will end up giving us women of different backgrounds. I want to see a woman in the Black Dragon!

02. The Cyber Lin Kuei

Everyone knows I'm comin' at the gym because they can faintly hear DREAD HEADED KILLER LIKE CYRAX BROUGHT A GUN TO A FIST FIGHT LIKE JAX. Cyrax is my favorite of the cyborgs and I want to see him somehow regain his human form. He can bring his lil friends...I guess. Not Frost tho, I would love to see Frost as a child. I am not sure of the timeline of the movie because Hanzo is being played by an older (LEGENDARY) gentleman and Bi Han is young? I don't get it. I don't want to get it because I really want to be surprised. I do think the focus of the movie is going to be on the Shrai Ryu and Lin Kuai feud. I don't know why they would get such a well known and frankly iconic Japanese actor to play Scorpion if it wasn't gonna be a big deal. I know he might not be as known in the United States, but Hiroyuki Sanada is very big in Japan. Or so Tre tells me. I wish I was like, super cultured, but I have only seen Sanada in Ring, The Avengers Endgame, Rush Hour 3, and The Wolverine. Sorry to be a dumb ass American on main. I guess he was in The Last Samurai too but I'm not going to see a movie that is about Samurai's starring a white person. Thank U, Next. Anyway, Hiroyuki Yamada is BFFs with Jackie Chan. Shot in the darkest of rooms, but I wish Jackie Chan was in the movie too. It would be cute if he was a member of the Shirai Ryu as a cameo.

03. Another LGBT+ character
Besides Mileena. I really feel like writing out all the LGBT people for MK11 was kind of a dick move. I don't remember people being too mad about Kung Jinn, and I know no one cares when it's implied that two hot girls kiss. But something that is always on my mind is how much the queer community loves Mortal Kombat. SonicFox may be a nonbinary furry, but he is also the GOAT. If anything, I would love to see them get some sort of a shout out.
Word on the street is that there is going to be an original character in the movie. This is the chance! And it doesn't even have to be like, the biggest deal ever. I hate Kung Jinn's personality almost more than Kung Lao's, but I do appreciate that his whole character wasn't centered around him being gay. He could have easily be uh, "sassy" but he is a well rounded character that you can tell they spent a lot of time on. Maybe if Kung Jin is in MK12 he can get a boyfriend or husband and be a little more likeable.




04. Reptile
I already said on here that the scene where Johnny Cage fights Reptile used to scare the sugar honey iced tea out of me when I was a child. Well, I'm older and slightly wiser. This is exactly how I would want our favorite Saurian to appear in the movie.
First it would be human Reptile in some kind of crowd, possibly looking to the moon because well you know. He has literally no impact on the story, he's just there. Then, as the movie progresses it's the same actor, but he has makeup on him so he looks more like the Reptile that we saw in MKX. Then, in an end credits scene he goes "You found me! Now prove yourself!"
Ideally, the next Mortal Kombat movie would focus on him and some of the other ninjas that aren't Scorpion or Sub-Zero. Like, how about Reptile, Ermac, and Rain. Someone really hot would have to play Rain, I don't make the rules. Actually this is my post so I do.


 05. Kabal
You knew I was gonna put him so I saved it until the end. Even though I want nothing more than a tangible person to thirst over. I kind of feel like Kabal won't be in this movie. Earlier, Greg Russo said that Kabal was in the movie then, he deleted the tweet I guess. I can't find the tweet where he said Kabal was in it. But I remember seeing it and people were discussing the inclusion of Kabal. They didn't sound to happy, but they are entitled to their wrong opinions.
Recently, someone tweeted a picture of Cyrax, Sektor, Nightwolf, and Kabal to Greg Russo and asked if there were plans for MK3 characters. Russo said yes so...I guess we have to wait and see.  I like Cyrax a lot too so I think those are pretty good odds for me to see my other faves.










Comments