Who is Nitara? Mortal Kombat Movie News!

 I was so caught up in the euphoria of the Kabal Quan Chi skin, that I forgot the Mortal Kombat movie existed.  Like all scene queens, I lose my sh*t every single time there is even a possibility I'll see a good looking man in eyeliner. I feel very #acknowledged because the Kabal skin was the easiest to get in the Kombat League. Even though I don't care about those other characters, I still wanted to do well. Everything had to wait, even the Mortal Kombat movie.

I'm not sure if I am like omg this is the best movie ever just yet. Because 1: Mortal Kombat movies are wildly inconsistent in terms of quality and 2: The Mileena issue.

I love the idea of a black Mileena. Megan the Stallion and I made SEVERAL points. But, I feel like of uncomfortable about the casting of a biracial looking woman playing Mileena when we don't know what Kitana looks like. I don't think Sisi Stringer is playing Kitana. Someone said that she said she wasn't and I haven't seen anyone say anything about Kitana who is a little more iconic than Mileena. No one is making rap songs about Mileena (even though they should)

I am really not a fan of saying everything is racist, but if Kitana is played by a white woman I don't think I'm gonna see this movie. and that's that on that. Sisi Stringer is fun to follow on social media and this is her first "big" role. So even if I end up not seeing the movie I will still support her in anything else she does.

Is Kitana even gonna be in this movie? I don't know. I already told y'all I don't care for Kitana and I think she is going to be the big bad of MK12. I would not be surprised if Kitana and Mileena end up not being "sisters" in this. In Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and Mortal Kombat: Conquest they had no relation. So, idk...It be like that sometimes I guess.

But you know who is going to be in the movie? Nitara! Which was a really cool surprise because I did not expect to see her in anything again. Nitara is a vampire, and not like in a Skarlet way, she is a real vampire. She comes from the realm Vaeternus which was conquered by Shao Khan before the events of the game. In the game Deadly Alliance, she's not really good or bad. Her main goal is to free her realm. Which she does and I'm going to assume it's canon because we never heard from her again until the prequel comic Mortal Kombat X where Quan Chi gave Havik her blood magik. We get a passing reference to her with Erron Black saying he cheated on Skarlet with Nitara. Since Nitara seems to be morally ambiguous I
am curious to see if she will be good or bad in the movie. I hate to remind you all that #Mileenawasright but I would love to see them team up and be a force for good. Well, good-ish. In Mortal Kombat X Mileena was attempting to free Edenia. I could see them bonding over wanting their realms to be free. It's worth noting their trailers are next to each other in Ludi Lin's (Liu Kang) video on set. It could mean nothing and it could mean everything. Who knows.

I am going to make a separate post about this, but I have no self control and am just gonna say it. Kabal might be in this movie. He tweeted that Kabal was in "for now" months ago, but the tweet is deleted. Here is an article about it.




Comments