Why is ET in Star Wars?



I've decided that this week I would post about my favorite makers of Horror. Universal Studios. I don't know if I have ever said this on here, but my favorite movie is actually ET: The Extra Terrestrial. I don't like talking about ET because I literally will just start crying if someone (Tre) doesn't believe me. Tre didn't let me buy a life size ET doll at the mall because it was like five hundred dollars like seven years ago and I'm still pretty mad about it. I'm getting teary eyed right now omg ok anyway.
Did you know that ET was originally going to be a horror movie? It was supposed to be a sequel to Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Steven Speilberg thought it was too dark and developed the story little by little until we got the masterpiece was have today. What's extra interesting is that the original script to "Night Skies" was written by John Sales and had the family barricade themselves in their home to be safe from the aliens. Does that remind you of another movie? Because it reminds me of Signs. Signs and ET both had Kathleen Kennedy as producers.
I don't think this is a shady or a bad thing.I am actually quite happy a little bit of the ideas from he original story came out because I would be sad if I worked hard on a screenplay and nothing came of it. I know that happens like, all the time, but still!
I will always have an appreciation for ET because it made me no so afraid of space and aliens. I think if it wasn't for ET, I would not be able to love Star Wars as much as I do! Which is a pretty big deal.
Speaking of Star Wars, did you know that ET and his people are in the Star Wars prequels? That's like, one of my favorite Easter Eggs ever.
 They appear in Episode 1: The Phantom Menace! Their species is called the Asogians and the main one is named Greblieps (Speilberg spelled backwards btw). This is why ET points out a kid in a Yoda costume in his own movie and repeats "Home, Home, Home". He knew Yoda from his own galaxy, which is far, far away!
The connections ET has to other movies is so heartwarming, because I do think it is one of the greatest American movies of all time. And I don't believe anything else is ever going to impact me the way ET has. The rest of the week is going to focus more on the horror aspect of Universal Studios, but I didn't feel right dedicated a week to Universal without mentioning E.T.

Comments