My Mortal Kombat Guest List





Mortal Kombat was one of the first arcade games I (irresponsibly) played as a child. Please don't bash the people in charge of me! I don't think video game ratings were really a #thing at the time lol. And, I don't have regular uncles, I have cool uncles. 
 I really haven't thought about Mortal Kombat in recent years. I generally like superhero games the most. Sports games and realistic fiction aren't really what intrigue me anymore.  But, mostly because every time we purchase a console, our kids manage to break it. Most recently by stuffing my library card into the disc slot. 
 However, when the trailer for Mortal Kombat 11 came out I was very excited! It looks really interesting. Since I mostly played the arcade version of Mortal Kombat, I wasn't too invested in the story. I would always pick whatever girl was available. Usually Sonya Blade (at the arcade) and Mileena (at people's houses). 
Actually, what made me stop really liking Mortal Kombat was when I was loosing a match and Mileena put her Sai's in her head so the other person wouldn't be able to kill her. 
Everyone thought I cheated. I guess they had never seen that before in the game. So, the person that owned the game just stopped playing with me. To be fair, that 100000% sounds like something I would have done on purpose! I knew for sure my grandma wasn't about to buy me this super violent video game. I didn't even have a Playstation lol!  
 So, know that I am an adult, I can play what ever interests me. I think I will be able to appreciate Mortal Kombat more as an adult anyway. Because if I own the game, I can be more invested in the story. I'm really looking forward to that. That and the special guests! I've written briefly about Freddy and Jason being in Mortal Kombat as like a special treat. There are other "special guests" in the MK games, like Kratos from God of War. The creator of Spawn has pretty much said Spawn will be in Mortal Kombat. I really like this idea, because I feel like Spawn doesn't get enough love. I'm not a dedicated follower of the comics ( I own like 3) but I really liked the movie. I can't wait until we get to see how it looks! 
 
I actually do not want Pennywise anywhere near this universe. I know it's surprising if you read this blog semi regularly. I do not want IT in Mortal Kombat for three reasons

  1. Y’all are gonna gonna fight over which costume he’s gonna wear. The Bill version is much scarier. To me, but I’m not afraid of clowns. My opinion doesn't matter 🤷🏽‍♀️. But I think Tim’s version is iconic and “better”. The designers going out of their way to give something so insignificant two skins seems dumb. 
  2. Pennywise cannot fight. You hit lil baby with a sling shot and he’s out for 27 years. He can turn into things that can fight...The horror characters are extras, why so much effort? Nonsensical. There was a leaked (fake) list with Pennywise on it, but had no Mileena. Mileena is just a different colored Kitana, as long as she keeps her mask on. So going all out for Pennywise, but not including a fan favorite that is the bare minimum of animation is just stupid.
  3. Everything special about Pennywise has already been in MK. Mileena eats people, Shang Tsung shapeshifts, and Freddy Krueger likes to scare kids. Boring. That's my mans and all....but it's so boring.

Who I would rather have: The Creeper
That dude eats people in a cycle as well AND he can fight. However, he was created by an IRL creeper, so we won’t be doing that. 
 Who I would really rather have: Jennifer Check
First of all, all of you owe Jennifer’s Body an apology. Secondly, Jennifer Check is very beautiful but creepy. Kind of like Mileena, but funny. I could see a lot of fan service happening with Jennifer, like they do with the other girls. Thirdly, Megan Fox is a fan of Mortal Kombat and would probably voice Jennifer. I personally love Jennifer’s Body so maybe I am a bit biased. I’m actually gonna go watch the movie now. 

Here are some other characters/people I’d love to see. 

Ivan Drago- “If he dies, he dies” already sounds like a line from Mortal Kombat line. And I think with Creed, The Rocky Franchise is going to gain more popularity. I would like having him in the game. And, I want this post to be apolitical...but what he represents is relevant today. So that’s all I gotta say about that. 

Batman- Kevin Conroy is possibly voicing Scorpion lol. While he's there he can do Batman. There is already a game that does have Mortal Kombat characters fighting people in the DC Universe. I have personally never played it, but it looks like it's a lot of fun.


 And, I get a kick out of people claiming Batman could beat people he has no business beating in a fight.Some people think he would have been able to beat Thanos by himself. So like...some people are wildin'.  I would enjoy seeing him fight in this, if only to see him beat people he would not normally win in a fight against. And, Batman knows at least 100 different martial art fighting styles. So idk, maybe he could realistically beat some of them. There are also plenty of versions of Batman to choose from, but I would hope they would go with the usually boring to me Christian Bale one. We see him studying  martial arts in Batman Begins. But most of the time Batman’s martial art skills are mostly implied. My son loves Batman, so I just know all this random stuff about him!

I didn’t think that the characters HAD to be horror characters because Kratos (God of War)  is not horror, AND this is my godd*mn blog, but my husband says that they should all be horror. So I guess we gotta go with Joker as a pick for this fancast 😡

Pyramid Head- Since Kratos has been a guest, I wanted to pick someone similar, but related to my interests. Which is difficult for me because most of the video games I play are superhero games. The type of pop culture I enjoy the most is horror, obviously lol. Today, we do not have a lot of iconic horror characters that can fight. It seems like we’re going towards psychological horror these days. Even if it’s a character with special effects or extensive makeup. For example, The Babadook looks creepy at first glance, but I know for a fact I could beat his ass if he #triedme. There really isn’t someone like Jason Vorhees or Michael Myers that are physically intimidating anymore. 
But this big guy...is the best of both worlds. He is from a video game/movie (Silent Hill), and he can fight. In theory, the only person that could probably beat him is Scorpion. And that is a fight I would like to see. 


The Nature Boy Ric Flair- Woooo! People were big mad that they went with 21 Savage for the teaser trailer music. I first heard of 21 Savage, it was from a little song called Ric Flair Drip. I’m not entirely sure 21 Savage can fight. I don’t listen to his music or follow his personal life like that.  I thought it was hilarious fans were mad a different genre was used, even though it fit nicely. Idk if 21 Savage would be the rapper I’d want representing me in a fight. (Or any of these new rappers tbh)But the greatest wrestler of all time? Absolutely. 


Comments