Venom


I was really excited to see the movie, initially.  I think I made a post about it on the blog before. I was really really, REALLY looking forward to a superhero horror movie. Those are my two favorite genres. But then, my excitement began to fade. First, it felt like it deviated too far from comic canon (it didn't actually). THEN these MFs took it from a rated R movie to a PG13. Finally, I have a pretty unconventional taste in men... And Venom is one of my ugly boy crushes. I can't explain it, don't want to. Don't get Freud on me like, I really don't know why. But you know who is better than Venom? Tom Hardy! And, I felt like this movie made him kind of ugly. He’s played some really ugly people before. So, I guess this is an “ugly” Tom Hardy movie, kind of like The Revenant. Like you know he is handsome irl, but the character is ugly. I don’t like Eddie Brock. Never really have. I did think Topher Grace was cute when I was a child, I grew out of that. Eddie Brock the person is kind of boring and a high key loser. I think Venom makes him interesting.

I was a bit worried that maybe it was going to make Venom/symbiote from a Spiderman POV where Venom is bad....Which would have been fine, but we were told there would be no mention of Spiderman. So I went into the movie thinking this was gonna be a sh*tshow. I was even laughing about it with my friends on facebook . Like I said, I do have a soft spot for Venom. I don't actually consider him bad persay. Maybe if Peter Parker would have let him down a little easier he wouldn't have been so mean! But does anyone think about that? No! The symbiote was just doing what symbiotes do. Now, it totally had no right to just move on it to Peter's body, but I feel like it was just it's nature and it doesn't make it evil. Lions aren't evil for eating gazelles or whatever tf they eat. We're not necessarily evil for wearing leather. Idk I have a lot of #feelings on it and it's not really relevant idk I'm over talking about it because I'm sure no one cares. Also, I was never really into the Eddie Brock story line because he was kind of annoying to begin with. I have no interest in Eddie Brock the person. I did like that Eddie became a loser after high school. And for the record, it is kind of messed up we wear leather when pleather has come a long way.


Like, my favorite story regarding Symbiotes is Andrea and Flash's friendship. TBH even though I did like the movie for what it was, I think if they were going to do a movie without Spiderman, this is what the movie should have been.
And, I really feel like Venom was not bad in the sense of it being a #bad movie. I think people are rightfully upset because we were literally promised a horror movie and got what was essentially a romantic comedy starring two people sharing a body. I thought it was cute in it's own way, and I think if you liked Deadpool you will like this movie. It had pretty cool action scenes, and hilarious dialogue. That may be considered a bad thing, or a "inconsistent tone" as the critics have said. I like movies like this because I don't think movies need to be 100% funny or 100% dark all the time.

And Riz Ahmed is so freaking handsome like... It seems like ~brown~ people are hesistant to play characters like Carlton Drake in fear of typecasting BUT bruh, BRUH. I'm trying to keep it cute and spoiler free so I'll just leave it at, BRUH. Anyway, this is supposedly going to be a trilogy. Do we need more Venom movies? No, probably not. It does remind me A LOT of Deadpool, which actually did not need a sequel. I saw that movie for literally ONE reason and it did not work in my favor.

Comments