Some Cool Sh*t on Netflix

As you have probably heard, since people are incapable of minding their own business...I've been going through some things, y'all. One of the big things is that I'm now stanning two whole clowns. Why am I like this? Girl, I wish I knew too.


I've barely spoke on Terrifier and my love for Art the Clown. I have not watched a movie specifically for gore since like, high school when I was scene. Now, I'm just a movie snob. This movie was really entertaining. It's not the kind of movie that is going to get nominated for a Golden Globe, but I don;t think this means the movie is not good. And I am probably not the only Art the Clown fan. But there is not a lot of youtube makeup tutorials on Art! I hope there is eventually a lot of them like the glam Pennywise thing we were all doing last year.




Cabin Fever
I'm kind of obsessed with Eli Roth and....Tbh he is high key fine why are we all sleeping on him?
When I saw that Cabin Fever and it's remake were on Netflix I was pretty stoked. The remake was not something I was dying to see, because I feel like thing will ever top the leg shaving scene. I think about it literally every time I shave my legs. And I have PCOS, so I shave my legs way more than the average person that shaves their legs lmao.

But against other horror remakes, it's not terrible. Even though I kind of knew what was going to happen, I'm not mad at it! And uh, speaking of fine men we're all sleeping on...Matthew Daddario? Excuse me? I'm mad!



Friend Request.

Ya girl lives for an ambiguous ending and this one made me realize that I have been on social media for far too long. It also made me realize it's highly unlikely that I will make a best friend out of an online acquaintance this late in the game.
I'm also someone who believes in being kind to everyone. So, this film made me realize my husband is probably right and if my creep meter goes off, they are probably a creep. This movie also made me reevaluate if I would actually survive in a horror movie. I found this movie actually kind of scary and I think they balanced the natural and the supernatural quite well. Also, I've been getting a lot of follows on instagram lately and I'm like....paranoid that I'm gonna lose them which is a stupid AF thing to be concerned with. Does anyone else feel like that?

Veronica
I wanted to make a Hollywood versus History post on this because it has IRL roots. *I* have not seen ever horror original Netflix has to offer, so I can't tell you if this is the scariest one. Which is what people are saying about Veronica. I really do think you should just see it for yourself.
I don't remember if I talked about Hush #onhere before, but I felt that was much more thrilling than Veronica. I do think the first time I saw Veronica, I was a bit desesitized to demon stuff because I was doing research on...something (and I had just seen Hereditary)
I plan on giving Veronica a retry because even though I'm not sure about it being the scariest, it is one of the better Netflix originals that I have seen. I remember liking it a lot.

The Conjuring
I've been talking about this series for what feels like 3,000 years. But I do feel like it's the superior horror series as far as the 2010s go. Y'all really think Insidious is better than Sinister, which I find to be strange. All those monsters look like Star Wars villains. No ma'am.
The order I feel is correct is
1) The Conjuring/Annabelle/The Nun
2) Sinister
3) That Blood Queens Bulls*it on Youtube
4) The horror of teaching my son how to spell
5) Freeform playing Hocus Pocus every damn day
6) My urge to ambien tweet the president (minus the ambien)
7) Insidious

 Hoenstly? Do better.

Bonus Movie: Coco
Ok, I feel like the hype has died down so I can confidently say Coco is better than Toy Story 1, 3, and probably 4. In fact, my Pixar opinions are generally alienating. But one day, Wall-E and Ratatouille will get the love they deserve.
If you have not seen any of the films in The Conjuring series, just DO IT! The Conjuring is on Netflix, but it's sequel and spin offs are not.


Comments