THE LOSERS CLUB



It was a hard few days, but we got through it! If you thought something was *missing* from my last blog post, this post is for you. And the birthday king, Bill Skarsgård. We’re comparing my fancast of IT Chapter 2 to the actual casting. Luckily for us, Bill Skarsgård is still playing Pennywise the Dancing Clown. There was a weird rumor for a bit that he wasn’t coming back, then [redacted] happened* and that is like.....a huge time crunch. I was starting to get a little concerned that Bill Skarsgård would not come back, but he is.



In honor of our guy’s birthday (literally no other Leo’s are allowed to interact with me by the way.), I decided that I would compare my choices for the adult losers club with the choices that the actual film made. Happy Birthday Bill! You are so appreciated.


My pick for Bill was James McAvoy, and that’s who they went with! Bill Skarsgård has acted with James McAvoy before in Atomic Blonde. Bill played Zeitgeist, who is a part of the X-force. James McAvoy plays Professor X and has a cameo of sorts in Deadpool 2. It’s kind of cool how they are connected! Adult Bill was played by Richard Thomas in the mini series.



My choice for Beverly was Amy Adams, but I knew they were going to pick Jessica Chastain. I know she will do a great job! Amy Adams is in the HBO mini series Sharp Objects! I haven’t seen it yet, but the trailers look good. I’m not sure if that is considered horror. It seems very thrilling! Beverly was played by Annette O'Toole originally!





I wanted Jonah Hill to play Ben, but they chose an actor called Jay Ryan. I haven’t seen him in anything yet. So I’m excited to see how good he does. I know people thought Jeremy Ray Taylor was being ridiculous when he said that he wanted Chris Pratt to play adult Ben. I think Jeremy had a point and they do kind of look alike. Jay Ryan even looks like Chris Pratt. Maybe they should have got Matt Peters from Orange is the New Black



I’m really flipping excited to see that Bill Hader is going to be playing Richie Tozier! In my original post, I said I wanted him to be played by Jay Baruchel. But I didn’t say why. I really really REALLY was hoping that somehow, someway, Bill Hader would end up playing some form of The Joker at some point. I think I’ve even wrote about him as The Joker on my blog. I am HYPED at the cast for The Joker movie (Robert Fuc*ing De Niro!) and I am hyped to see Bill as Richie. Can you imagine the impressions? I’m screaming! This is the closet thing to a perfect casting in a Stephen King movie.



My choice for Stan was Joseph Gordon Levitt. Even Wyatt Oleff, who played Stan wanted JGL! I thought that was pretty cool. Stan will be played by Andy Bean. The only thing I’ve seen him in is Allegiant and honestly???? I think I missed a lot of that movie because I only saw that movie for one reason! I wasn’t invested in the Divergent series at all, so this will be my first impression of Andy Bean’s acting. I don’t remember much about Allegiant, and I haven’t seen the other films in the series. I feel Andy Bean doesn’t look like young Stan at all! So, it will be interesting to see if he wears heavy prosthetics or anything like that.




Look at my casting for Mike, then the actual casting....now back to mine. Now look at their’s. Ok, I don’t remember the exact Old Spice commercial, but Isaiah Mustafa is a complete improvement from my choice!

I like Anthony Mackie, but I mean Isaiah is so handsome! I’ve been hearing rumors that Mike is going to become a drug addict and if they have Isaiah Mustafa out here looking like anything other than his beautiful self I’m going to be pissed. Something I liked about IT: Chapter one was I felt like the things the miniseries lacked were improved in the movie. At the same time, the not so good things about the movie were better in the miniseries. I feel like they complement each other and one is not “better” than the other. Everyone was successful/rich except Mike in the miniseries (and book). Does he really need to be a crackhead? I hope that they find some way to improve Mike in IT:Chapter 2



My goal for Eddie was Tobey Maguire . I now realize that James Ransone is Jack Dylan Grazer’s adult doppelgänger and it’s lit! This is the casting I’m most excited for because they look so much alike. My husband recently suggested that we rewatch The Wire (for unrelated reasons). I think I’m going to do that because James Ransone’s take on Ziggy was so realistic, I knew a lot of guys like him on high school and college. I don’t think he got enough recognition for that. For the most part, I think critics ignore the wipipo on that show unless they have starring roles. Which isn’t really a bad thing because, honestly, it’s Michael K. Williams’ world and he just lets the rest of us live in it. Now James Ransone is a star and I hope he gets everything he deserves. ❤️



In “hating from outside the club but can’t get” in News, adult Henry Bowers is going to be played by Teach Grant. A quick look at Grant’s IMDB account let’s me know he is no stranger to horror. Nicholas Hamilton has an eyebrow thing going on, so I was kind of disappointed that his adult counterpart doesn’t have distinctive eyebrows. I know it’s weird! I’ve been perusing various pieces of Stephen King works because Castle Rock has taken over my life; and I imagine Henry to have a strong eyebrow game! A good example is Will Poulter. Obviously, Poulter looks too young to play Henry, but he was the original casting of Pennywise! Crazy, huh? Speaking of Pennywise...you know who is capable of...idk what to call it, big eyebrow energy? Bill Skarsgård himself!

I really enjoy Henry’s character, so I’m glad he’s back. A lot of people were saying that they might have killed the 2017 version off! So glad they didn’t. I enjoy Nicholas Hamilton’s acting and personality a lot. His twitter account is hilarious! We have quite a bit in common.


*I’m not sure if he wants this information public. I’ve heard conflicting things and none of them were from Bill’s mouth. So I pulled the information from the post before I made it public. I even took the ~proof~ off my instagram highlights. If someone wants to be private, we need to let them be. Just know, it was a good reason. Happy Birthday to the king of pop culture, the blog loves your acting so much.

Comments