My Idea For The Purge TV Show


I know I talk about The Conjuring a lot, but my favorite modern horror franchise is actually The Purge! I think it’s one of the few trilogies where the movies got better with each installment. If you think about irl that is very rare. Especially with horror. In addition to the new movie coming out the purge series is also getting a television show.
While I am super excited for this, I am so incredibly thankful they are not continuing the film series after the prequel. I truly think Dante Bishop was the heart of the series and (spoiler alert) he died and the third one. Even though he was never the main character he is the character that shows up the most. I think he represents what I’d like to think most of us would do if/when America gets to that point. And, he’s also really freakin’ handsome, so...there’s that too.
Jason Blum says the television show will show what happens the other 364 days of the year and how the purge affects people. I’m not going to pretend I’m not slightly disappointed with that. Even though that’s pretty vague, I had my own ideas on what I would want to see in a television show about The Purge. I do think showing non purge days gives us the opportunity to see little things like people making their costumes, how they secure their homes, travel companies planning sales the week before the purge, and maybe even people going to therapists for the crimes they survived or committed.

When I first heard there was going to be a television show I envisioned a shorter version of the movies. I guess they would be a prequel to the series, but would take place after the cinematic prequel. Basically someone trying to escape being purged for an hour long program, or someone purging. Because the purge does happen all over America we only see pretty much three stories in depth. With the television series there’s an opportunity to show places all over America. Pretty much every state/area has its own culture and it’s own landmarks and I think it’s a real wasted opportunity to not utilize it. When I saw Jurassic World, I was disappointed at the lack of Jeff Goldblum. I kind of felt cheated because I thought he was going to be in it way more than he was based on the promotions. But, I was very excited when I saw my city on the screen. Even when I was younger I thought it was pretty cool when the dinosaurs got to San Diego .You know how every fourth grade class has a horse girl? Well, I was the dinosaur girl. I think a lot of people think it’s cool to see where they live on screen. Maybe not if you live in a place like LA, where a lot of movies take place.

I personally would have loved to see something related to The Purge take place in my hometown. If you didn’t know I live in Las Vegas. I feel like my city has a huge opportunity for horror movies in general. We have a lot of history, and a lot of famous people have lived here. We have a lot of haunted places, and honestly Southern Nevada is so beautiful. I feel like Hostel part 3 totally played us because the movie was very bad. I think Hostel, Paranormal Activity 4, and Resident Evil: Extinction are the only recent-ish mainstream movies that take place in Southern Nevada. And, I know for a fact that the Resident Evil movie was not filmed in Nevada.

I’ve actually already came up with a story about what could happen here. Like many people I was heavily impacted by the one October incident. So of course my treatment of the episode is very sensitive to that, There’s not a lot of guns. And no guns designed for mass destruction. So, I hope that explains the lack of extreme gun violence! If the purge was real I’d keep that thang on me, but I just wanted to explain so I didn’t sound/look like a hypocrite.

My idea was for a heiress, reserved a “purge proof” suite on the strip. The year prior, there was an attempt on her life and she trusts no one. Her grandfather recently passed and it was in the news that her father came into even more money. This made The, a bigger target, and the family agreed it would be easier to split up on purge night to keep the money in the family. If anyone meant their family harm, it would be difficult to kill every family member if they were spread out all over the city.

The hotel concierge shows her everything designed to keep her safe. Like bulletproof windows, bulletproof walls, and only a single key can open/close the only door. It’s put on a chain that the concierge puts around her neck. Also, in the event there is a security breech, many things in the suite are disguised as weapons. For example, retractable pens that are actually knives. The heiress puts one of the knives in her purse. The concierge leaves. The heiress gets comfortable. Unfortunately, the suite is compromised. After calling her father and telling him someone is coming to get her, her dad says he cannot help her, someone got into their home too. Her mother is dead, he can’t get a hold of the heiress’ sister. So they say their goodbyes. She actually puts up a good fight, but she gets kidnapped anyway. As they’re driving down the strip, she sees all the horrible ways that people are being killed such as: being drowned in the Bellagio fountain, electrocuted by broken neon signs, people playing Russian roulette.... (I just think I live in such a unique place with many places to die, I have anxiety so I think about getting killed like all the time. Lol)

The kidnappers and the heiress end up at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. They meet up with people dressed as showgirls, wearing masks. The showgirls give the kidnappers a stupid amount of money, (and there’s a flashback to them robbing a bank) in exchange for the heiress. The showgirls take the heiress downtown and one of them removes their masks. The showgirls are the heiresses’ friends. “Damn, you were hard to find.... but you’ve made it!” The main showgirl says. The entire thing was an initiation. They give her a mask. The heiress finally feels safe. They leave their car and terrorize Fremont. (Un)fortunately the heiress walks right into a trap that pins her to the ground, she can’t get the attention of her friends because they are smashing things/being arsonists/ fighting people. Two of the showgirls taunt a man who is trying to drive away from them but is so frightened that it takes him forever to start the car. Eventually, he does get his car started. As he slams his foot on the gas pedal, the girls kill him. The car goes speeding down the street.

One of the still masked showgirls does eventually walk up to her. “Help me!” The heiress cries. The masked showgirl shakes her head and strangles her with the chain the hotel key was on.

The masked showgirl removes her mask. She is the heiress’ twin sister. She takes the heiress’ purse. The twin leaves the other showgirls by stealing their car. She drives back to the Welcome to Las Vegas sign. One of the kidnappers is still there. “It’s done?” She asks. The kidnapper pulls out his phone and shows her pictures his associates sent him of her dead parents. “She’s dead too,” The twin says. She brandishes her sister’s bloody purse as proof.

“All you have to do is sign this and we get it all,” the kidnapper says. The sun is starting to come up. “Hurry,” he urges her. “I can’t wait to marry you.” The twin notices his other hand is on his gun. The twin smirks. She reaches into her sister’s purse and pulls out the pen knife and slashes the kidnapper across the throat. She runs, as the announcement that this year’s purge is over. She stops in the middle of the street. She has her entire family’s fortune to herself. (Un)fortunately, the person that was previously murdered in there car while their door was on the gas runs the twin over. The entire family is dead. The end.

Another episode could be the backstory of Laney Rucker aka The Little Death. That’s something I wish was more explored because I feel like Betty Gabriel is officially a Scream Queen. Like, I stan her career now. I’m even going to see Unfriended: Dark Web in theaters JUST for this actress. She was also in Get Out, Upgrade, and the sci fi movie Beyond Skyline. I think if Aaliyah did not die, she would have a similar acting career to Betty Gabriel. This is obviously just my opinion because I really love Queen of the Damned and like to think she would have stuck with the “creepy”genre.


One more episode idea based on the third movie. You remember how those people were using religion to justify purging? What if a member of the church rebelled (for religious reasons) and tried to save people? I think that could be super interesting to watch.

Comments