Truth Or Dare


I recently told one of my friends that the first season of Pretty Little Liars is the best of the best when it comes to teen drama. When I heard that the start of this film was Lucy Hale, I was super excited! I was obsessed with Pretty Little Liars. I’ve actually re-written most of the series so I can have ending that I liked because after the second season that whole show went bonkers. Speaking of shows that went bonkers after the first season, one of the stars of Hemlock Grove is also in this movie. Not the one I never shut up about, it’s Landon Liboiron.

He was also in Degrassi after the show got terrible. Either way, we love a Canadian King. It was cool to see him back in a kind of antagonistic role. I don’t know If I could would call Declan “bad”, but him and his sister were sure af annoying...and gross....and kind of incestuous. It was weird. Someone from Teen Wolf is in this too, but I’ve never seen the show, so who cares. Tyler Posey is very handsome but, MTV should play music! And that’s that on that. So, my favorite thing about this movie was the cast. I think Landon especially shines in horror type things. I also think him and Lucy Hale had amazing chemistry. My favorite cast member was *spoiler* the voice of Calax, Gary Anthony Williams. He was on a show that went bonkers after the fourth season.

Calax didn’t sound like Uncle Ruckus, but I wish he did. I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more than I did. I really think the issue with this movie was the fact there were four people collaborating on the story. It really did feel like four separate stories that would have been okay separately, but together were not scary or even entertaining. I would watch a film about Kalax messing with/possessing people! But, the love triangle and all that other crap was not needed. And the characters were very inconsistent in a non endearing way. I don’t see how someone who had a heart so big that they were going to sacrifice thier spring break to build houses for the poor, only to expose the entire internet to a demon a few days later. At least in Happy Death Day, the main character’s experience made her a better person. If I could rename this film, I’d call it Supernatural Saw for the Selfish and Stupid. I actually thought Saw was going to go kind of in this direction for Jigsaw (2017). I’m glad they didn’t.

This movie messed up in a lot of ways horror films mess up,the best parts were in the trailer! I really hate when that happens! Also, the lil “scary” face they were making looks like me when I’m playing too much on Facetune.

They could have put a little more effort into that. A good example is how scary Daveigh Chase looked as Samara in The Ring. We were all shook! For years! It was just a little makeup and a blue tinted filter.
All in all,I am dissatisfied with this film because I know Blumhouse and Universal can do better. I’m excited to see what else Universal can distribute from Blumhouse. Even though they are responsible for Truth Or Dare, they also brought us Get Out, Sinister, The Purge, and Insidious. No one can get it right 100% of the time. And, as bad as this movie was, it did make a lot of money at the box office. Even if I don’t like a horror movie, I’m always glad when they succeed because it gives studios more incentive to create/distribute/promote more horror films. Making the jump from television to movies is actually quite difficult....So I guess we’ll have Aria from Pretty Little Liars give the TLDR, version of my feelings on Truth Or Dare.

Comments