Christopher Lee- What Couldn’t He Do?

The world has been blessed with many renaissance men. These people are also called poly maths, but we can all agree renaissance man is a much more elegant way to describe a multitalented man. Polymath has the word math in it, so I hate the word by association. Great examples of renaissance men are are Leonardo da Vinci, Donald Glover, Buzz Aldrin, Terry Crews, and Akbar the Great.
Instead of talking about all the men that are able to succeed in multiple ways, I’m going to stay loyal to my brand ™️ and talk about all the Renaissance men in horror. Starting with the ultimate Man Crush Monday, Christopher Lee.

So, I consider Lord of the Rings a horror kind of thing because I saw the animated version of The Hobbit when I was very, very young. It’s actually one of my first memories! But lil baby Nik was really scared for some reason....To compare, I had my young sons watch the movie the other day (it’s on YouTube if you’re wondering) and they weren’t scared at all. I guess I was just a weird kid. Deep down, I was always kind of afraid of the series because of the association to the cartoon. Or maybe, Christopher Lee’s take on Saruman really had pre-teen Nik shook! I don’t know, but The Lord Of The Rings always made me uneasy and prefer The Chronicles Of Narnia for vaguely Christian children’s entertainment. Since I paid LOTRs complete dust, I came to know of Christopher Lee through Tim Burton movies and Hammer Horror. Mostly because he played Dracula so well, probably the best to ever do it! And I never shut the Hell up about vampires, so this is a big deal.

Also, I mean, everyone knows I love Star Wars so let’s not rehash that. Christopher Lee is so much more than a legendary actor....and I’m not exaggerating, the dude had at least one hundred and sixteen films to his name! He also served in the British military in World War Two. All that sword work in his films? Listen.....he did his own stunts! Sir Christopher Lee was also knighted in 2009 for services to drama and charity. In addition to being a professional villain on film, he was an acclaimed metal vocalist! He also sang opera too! Random right? But still so awesome.
His three metal albums are on Spotify, and a couple audiobooks too! Speaking of books, he was also an author! I’m currently reading “Tall, Dark, and Gruesome” which is one of his autobiographies. If any one wants a review, let me know. He also spoke NINE languages rest of us just have to do better. Also, this is definitely not a talent... but he was a descendant of Charlemagne! Idk I thought that was pretty cool.

Comments