My Halloween looks

It feels like Halloween was so long ago! I started this blog because of what happened on 1 October. If you're unfamiliar with that event, it's what locals are calling the terrorist attack that happened on October first. While I was not directly hurt by this, it did worm its way into my life. I lost one of my friends that night. The worst part of it was, we lost contact for a few years.  Not because of any reason, just because....life. Then, stupid conspiracy theorists were saying horrible stuff about someone I went to high school with. He had to go on The Ellen Show to clear the air. This upset me a lot. I spent a lot of time being angry at the entire situation. I didn't feel like celebrating Halloween, which is obviously my favorite holiday.
I felt like it was insensitive to celebrate gore and death while gore and death happened on such a grand scale less than ten miles from my home. Every time I drove by Mandalay Bay, I would (and still do) feel sick. I talked to my therapist a lot about my feelings. She said I should channel it into art. I'm not much for painting or anything like that, but I am pretty ok at makeup. So I started doing face paint with a few Wet N Wild kits I got from the dollar store. I posted some of the looks on Facebook/facebook and my friends and family really seemed to like it! Here are my favorite ones.

This is my version of my favorite Snapchat filter. 
A post shared by Nikkie (@nikavritt) on
This is my version of favorite Snapchat filter. They didn't have this one as an option as much as I hoped! I made the glitter freckles with nyx glitter liner in gold
A post shared by Nikkie (@nikavritt) on
This is my version of Twisty. The Clown from American Horror Story. I felt he was really underused in the show! My friends named my take on it Topsy 😂
A post shared by Nikkie (@nikavritt) on

This is me as a Bond villainess. It's also my desired aesthetic year round.
A post shared by Nikkie (@nikavritt) on

This one is so stupid. But my favorite. I planned on using the stencils given in the kit to create a comic book girl, but they would NOT stick to my skin. It was so weird because I actually have dry skin! Anyway, I did the eyebrows with then stencils, and ended up turning myself into a genderbent Grandmaster from Thor Ragnerok! I think it's so funny! And it was definitely a learning experience.
A post shared by Nikkie (@nikavritt) on
And finally, on actual Halloween, I was a dark angel. I used everything I learned and kind of jumbled it into one! Artie was Chewbacca and Ken was Kylo Ren. Ken unfortunately had sensory overload and was unable to take a picture. Oh well, maybe next year! Halloween is still my favorite holiday. Even though I think everyone in Las Vegas is going to celebrate it differently now. Hoping for a happier holiday next year. 💕 In my house, I plan on keeping the spirit of Halloween alive via this blog. Hope you enjoy the journey, Nik or Treaters! Xo Nik 🎃

Comments