Jigsaw Movie Review



I am a big fan of Horror series. Saw is not an exception. It personally means a lot to me because I have a mental illness that can make me have a bleak outlook on life.  I’ll never cosign the methods John used I did like that he survive a suicide attempt. And used in his mind, to create something that helps people. I obviously don’t think the traps helped most of those people (sorry). But, wanting to aid people in appreciating thier life is an admirable trait.
 Just saw series also contains my favorite horror movie cameo of all time Chester Bennington in Saw 3-D (RIP) . With that being said, I want you to know that I will be a bit biased when it comes to this  series or anything related to it. But ultimately I think if you’re not a fan of the series, this movie is not for you.
 I actually kind of view it in the same vein I view Halloween Three. It’s entertaining, if you’re into that kind of stuff.... But as far as the series goes, you can do without it. I know that sounds horribly harsh. I mean who wants to be compared to Halloween 3? It’s easily the worst one! Well maybe I’m the only one that thinks this but honestly, Jigsaw is the Saw series Halloween Three.
 I know many people, myself included wanted to know where Dr. Gordon was. Especially given how Saw 3-D ended. There were definitely more questions than answers.  None of which get answered in this movie. I think the goal is to create a story. I really feel like this is the end of John creamers art. I would not be surprised if he was not mentioned in Jigsaw 2. God forbid, Jigsaw 2 happens. I apologize for putting that in the universe.
.
 I was incredibly disappointed with the twist. I wanted to the culprit to be a familiar face. Not some dude with a second chance (what nonsense). Especially because the poster that was that was at the theater I went to had several posters of people in the Pigmask. In my mind, those were the children that have been affected by John Kramers work. I felt like it was truly a missed opportunity for everything to come full circle. If Dr. Gordon did learn his lesson, wouldn’t he cherish his family a bit more? Wouldn’t he spend more time with his daughter? He could have easily indoctrinated Diana during the almost decade long break between movies.

This easily could have been Dr. Gordon’s daughter, Diana, and Corbett Delon from Saw V! Corbett and Diana are both at least twenty. And you know who’s even older? Daniel Matthews! What happened to all these kids?  Part of me is glad that this place that I concocted myself did not happen.
Because I knew who the killer was about 15 minutes into Happy Death Day and I was not shocked like the rest of the audience. I felt like I missed out on the mystery aspect. So, at least with Jigsaw, I got to experience the twist, even though I felt it was too similar to Saw 2.
Something I always liked about the series was how do you keep using the same actors/characters it made it feel like it was one long story. However this movie wax that which makes it not feel beyond it’s almost like someone wrote them selves into the store universe via fanfiction I made into a movie. There also was a big lack of something I always liked about the series was how do you keep using the same actors/characters feel like it was one long story. However this movie wax that which makes it not feel beyond it’s almost like someone wrote them selves into the store universe via fanfiction I made into a movie. There also was a big lack of authentic traps which kind of made me sad.
I have always felt like it was part of the fun seeing the traps in deciding if that was something you could hypothetically do if it was asked of you. Instead, we got an imposter, literally. Overall I did not like this movie as a continuation of the sauce series. I think if it was a regular detective theater a la David Fincher’s Seven, I would have appreciated the film a lot more. No one said “Game Over” at the end! That’s what bothered me the most...bothered is an understatement,  I was SAD. The last line is “I speak for the dead”, give me a break. This movie was also long af and the thing I was most excited to hear wasn’t in the movie 😂

Comments